Wilshire Center-Koreatown Neighborhood Council
General Board Meeting Minutes
Monday, August 12, 2013 – 6:30 P.M.
Young Oak Kim Academy– 615 S. Shatto Place, Los Angeles, CA 90005
Increase on the use of Meth in the neighborhood
○ Community walk:: Saturday Aug 24, 2013 9:30-12 pm.
1. Motion to approve the submission budget and supplemental budget report. Shawn approves. Celine seconds. Pass unanimously.
2. Motion to approve WCKNC budget package. Motion to approve the strategic plan and survey:: Celine approves the motion. Yonah seconds. Pass unanimously.
3. Motion to approve Land Use Committee and Community Development recommendation to support new
hotel/commercial development at 631-635 S Catalina. Including presentation by consultants. Hanna has excuse herself from taking part on this action item. Motion approved by Alex and Shawn seconds. Pass unanimously.
4. Discussion & Action to consider participation in Korean Festival. September 26-28, 2013. No action taking on this item.
5. Discussion & Action to bring back the farmers market in Wilshire. Motion to pass a resolution in support of bringing back the farmers market. Yonah makes a motion and Nail seconds. Pass unanimously.
6. Discussion & Action to set a date for board retreat and strategic plan. Saturday September 7, 2013 9-1pm. Open House Thursday October 17th, 2013 location TBA.
7. Discussion and action on WCKNC Website redesign. No action taken
COMMENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
14. Adjournment @ 8:25 pm: Motion: Hanna; Second: Shawn. Unanimously approved.
For more information on WCKNC log on to www.wcknc.org
Process for Reconsideration - An official vote or action of the Board may be reconsidered upon request as follow: a.) Reconsideration may take place immediately following the original action or at the next regular meeting. b.) A motion for reconsideration may only be made by a Board member who previously voted on the prevailing side of the original action or decision taken.